Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Good Day For Rest.

It's raining and cold outside, not very conducive to bike riding, or even walking. It's a kind of nondescript day. The kind that makes you want to stay in bed and pull the covers up over your head. Every once in a while, I think it's important to recharge your batteries. Even Christ told us to rest. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 NIV. Do you ever get to the point that you just want to throw your hands up in the air and cry? Maybe that's just what you should do. Listen, I want you all to know that that's a wonderful idea, properly executed. It's not running away from your problems... It's giving them to someone else. Someone that is more than able to deal with them, and to provide you with rest. Rest, Isn't it a beautiful word? Father, I love you, and I'm sorry I've been holding all these problems, trying to deal with them in my own strength. I know you are there, just waiting for me to let go of them. You love me so much that you sent your only Son to die in my place, so I wouldn't have to face the punishment that my sins deserved, death. Thank you Lord for loving me so much. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. I pray that anyone reading these words would come to an understanding of who you really are, and how much that you love them. I pray that they, as I, learn to lay problems at your feet, and once surrendered we all learn to leave them there. In Jesus' Holy name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here