Sunday, December 05, 2004

Hey, Hey, Hey...

Does anyone remember Fat Albert? I see that a movie based on the original cartoon is about to come out. Can you imagine if everyone had an adjective in front of their name? I think it would be a very different world. I mean, if you met a man in a business suit, who had a pleasant manner, nice smile, firm hand shake, and while he was shaking your hand he says through his toothy grin, "Hi, I'm deceitful John" Would you really vote for him to run your country? I'll bet even the most simple minded among us would know that it is most likely not a good idea. Or take this example, what if after years of loneliness, you met a woman (or man as the case may be) that you have seen at church, always dresses modestly, is a regular tither, and a friend introduces you to her and says, "Hey Brother, I would like you to meet unfaithful Jane."(Or Jimmy, as the case may be)
would you, thus informed, say to yourself, "I think I'd like to marry this person!" Probably not.

Yeah, if only. You can have something like that though... It's called discernment. It is one of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit available to those who ask. I saw an acronym I really liked on a Christian site yesterday... P.E.D.A.L. It stands for pray every day and listen. Man! That's powerful stuff, especially to us bicycle oriented folk. It's time for me to get ready for Church. God's blessing on each and every on of you!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger "Ritz" said...

Hey Y'all, this is Ritz again. I'm trying to correct the problem with this post. I think I wrote too much, and part of it isn't showing up on the page. I'm trying ti re-size the font and re-publish, maybe that will do it. Pray for me, Thanks. Ritz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here