Friday, December 03, 2004

11.3 Miles of happiness

Yesterday was really cool, I mean in an awesome sense, not temp wise. Well actually, it was kinda' chilly. Michael and I went for a little pedal around the block, at his request mind you. I love that he gets into riding as much, if not more, than I do. I posted some decent photos on the tour de pants page: http://thetourdepants.crazyguyonabike.com and I have to tell you, I really am enjoying this. I sincerely hope that you, dear reader, are gettin' something out of this as well. It's my goal to encourage, inspire, and motivate all who chance upon these pages. Not only to try to live a more active lifestyle, through my tales of cycling, but to also exhort all to become closer to God, our Father. You know, the thought comes to mind that there may be some of you reading this right now, that for one reason or another, feel betrayed by God.

People and circumstances will often let you down, as much as we don't want to believe it, it's true. First hand experience has shown me that God is not the source of those heartaches. Christ himself, told us... "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NIV. Before you give up on God, try giving things up to God. When people hurt you, leave it at the foot of the cross. You can talk to God like a father, he is after all, our Daddy. Spend a little time with Him today. You don't need a degree from a seminary, you don't even have to have been a regular church member. Try the honest approach, pour your heart out like you would to your closest friend. You'll find that God is closer than you think, and he always has your best interests at heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here